Saturday, November 10, 2007

Busy busy busy!

I would say that "busy" is the best way to describe our life right now, but realizing someday we will have all kinds of ballet and piano lessons, soccer games and birthday parties I guess it may not seem so busy later on. Alas, the days pass by more and more quickly.

This week was a good representation of a typical week with Stephen gone Tuesday and Thursday for Bishopric, Stephen contemplating what he wants to do when he grows up and I lovingly shake my head and remind him it will all work out, work, outings with friends/family on Friday and Saturday night. As busy as it is, and as exhausted as Steve in particular will be, I think we could not be more content with our lives. We have wonderful families, fun friends, and a quaint little place we love to call home. Our ward also rocks. Though I may have had slight apprehension when we moved in over a year ago, I mourn the day we will leave. The love I have for the people is astounding!

Speaking of church, tomorrow is our Primary Program! We had a practice today that went quite well. I feel kind of awkward because I kneel next to the podium and hold up props but hopefully the congregation will enjoy looking at the top of my head. My counselors and I stood out in the pews while the children sang a song, and we could hear all the words! Kids are so cute. I'm sad we can't video record it since I won't be able to see their faces, but I hope everyone watching will enjoy!

This is kind of a funny story about today. So I went to my car to put some things away after we had our little post-practice pizza party. I left some extra slices of pizza for Stephen in the Primary room thinking that I would go and get them after my first trip to the car. When I returned into the building and past the cultural hall, I saw two people munching down on the pizza. I contemplated how they had found it, but I guess one gentleman's nose led him to the good eatin'. I didn't really mind, Stephen will be non the worse for wear, but I thought it was funny that they didn't ask, they just started chowing down. Anyways, it wasn't that big of a deal and I hope they enjoyed their lunch.

Later today we're going to go to Orem to see my brother's family. His 4 kids are awesome and Steven and I really enjoy spending time with them. Stephen is doing a window washing job right now - and as I unfortunately inherited my mom's "life-is-a-Stephen-King-novel" mentality, I always worry that he'll break his neck and die. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Well I can smell that my feet could use a shower in addition to the rest of my extremities, so I guess I should depart....

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

You are a busy woman! And you may be busy later too, but you can definitely feel justified in calling yourself very busy now. I trust I would have heard the news by now if Steve had fallen off a ladder...

Allison and Noah Riley said...

I love reading your blog, Victoria! I'm excited to check it often :).

If it makes you feel any better, I almost stole a suitcase from your pizza eater, so somehow maybe that makes it even?! I saw another one of those cool old suitcases, and was looking at it (and yes, contemplating taking it for my mom) when I realized (er, when I was told by him...) that I was rummaging through his stuff! Oops!