Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nose picking, cars, and radio contest winning

There's so much to say after only a few days! Saturday night we visited my brother Lars in Orem. Stephen and I met up at his parent's house in Murray and then left one of our cars there (a part of another story to come). It always feels so good to be with family! My two nephews and two nieces are adorable. They showed us their Halloween costumes - my two "nerdy" (in a good way) nephews were Suleyman the Magnificent (a ruler of the Ottoman empire) and an English Longbow man. They were really unique costumes!

By the end of church on Sunday, my cheeks were as red as my hair, and my shirt revealed my nervousness by way of sweat marks (sorry if that was a TMI). The program went pretty well I guess....Annie was the only one to pick her nose, wave at her dad 15 times, and turn completely around during a song. I am so glad it is over! Also of note, a grandparent of one of the children in our primary apparently was snoring very loudly in the audience. Maybe it was because his grandson didn't end up staying for the program...thanks to Katie W who tried to kick the pulpit so he would wake up.

Monday was Veteran's Day. I must admit after working at the VA for over a year now, I have so much respect and gratitude for the Veteran's of our country. The exciting events of the day included the wonderful progressive dinner arranged by Noah and Alison. So much fun as usual. Thanks again to all couples who hosted and provided food. Whilst we were trying to leave for the progressive dinner, Stephen and I went to the parking lot to discover our car was missing. When I asked him where it was, the light of realization came upon his face. Stephen, a man with a brain so packed with stuff that occasionally bits fall out, forgot the car at school. To make a really long story short, he forgot we had picked up our other car at his parents house and took Trax home. I was so amused. Made me love him even more.

Yesterday Stephen won tickets on FM100 to Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas concert. This is of note because I also won those tickets over a month ago, but now we can give a pair to his sister as part of her Christmas present. The morning show hosts pick one individual each day who write them an e-mail to win a prize. Steve wrote a very touching e-mail on Monday about veterans and then wrote again on Tuesday. The female host wrote him back saying something to the effect of "...it's easy to smile when there are people like you in the world"...you can only imagine how cheesy his e-mails were. But it worked! We've racked in over $100 in tickets from them and hopefully tomorrow I'll win some Celine Dion tickets....cross your fingers!

I guess I should do the dishes in the sink. I tend to get tired of housework towards midweek (even though I haven't cleaned much this week....oh well). Stephen is going to YW in Excellence tonight and though I should go to the gym, I probably go so I can spend some time with him...

Have a happy day everyone!

2 comments:

Allison and Noah Riley said...

You two and your contest winning abilities! It's astounding! Glad to hear you had a great week, and thanks for the progressive dinner shout out :)

Anne Marie said...

I wish I lived closer so I could enjoy some of your winnings with you! Noah and JP are awesome. I've got to ask Lars about these costumes.