Wednesday, November 21, 2007

We won!

Hello folks. I was just thinking, if you don't find our blog interesting because it's more of a journal than a blog, that's ok. I am horrible at journal keeping so this is a good way for me to keep track of our lives. Thus, if you don't want to know what I wore to work or what we ate for dinner (ok it's not that bad...) please enjoy other blogs. :0)

Guess what...we won! And then we won, and we won one more time! So last Thursday, after trying to call in to B98.7 many times with no luck to score Enchanted movie passes, I e-mailed one of the DJs a desperate plea and he gave me 4! Steve and I went with another couple on Monday and saw a preview viewing of the movie. Is it so sad that I totally loved it? Or that it made me want to jump into the street and start singing..."How does she know...." Most people will find it totally cheesy, but I thought it was so darling! Total bonus for Giselle (the princess) that she has almost the exact shade of red hair I do. Her character could be my best friend. She is always so happy and looks positively about everything. (She even claps when she gets really excited...maybe I do that too....) Loved it.

Then on Friday....I won! I won Celine Dion tickets for 2008. Yes we may not live in Utah anymore, but we will be coming back! I have loved her since I was a little girl and besides our friend Sean totally raining on my parade by saying "I'm sorry you have to go" I'm really excited. Again I wrote an e-mail to the people at FM100, this time describing how grateful I am for my husband. It was very touching, and even made me cry! (Can you tell I'm a sap yet?) With my outstanding writing skills (or so it would seem), I was picked to get a pair of Celine Dion tickets. Love it.

Finally, yesterday morning while I was driving in to work before 7 am, they had a call in contest at FM100 for Kurt Bestor tickets. And for the first time ever, I was the 10th caller!!! AH! So cool. He's quite a good entertainer and it will be fun to add his concert to our list of Christmas outings.

This weekend I sewed my mom a really neat table runner. She's from Finland, so I sewed a Finnish flag table runner! It turned out really well - I actually enjoyed sewing it quite a bit. I have a few finishing touches to do on it but I think she'll absolutely love it for Christmas. I also got supplies for Stephen's parent's gift. There was a huge scrapbooking sale close to our house and I bought lots of fun paper-y goodies for not so much money. I think this Christmas will be really enjoyable.

Well, as I'll describe in a post T-day post, I've been horribly busy and am quite exhausted. Time to rest before I need to hop back to work for a bit.

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

You guys are awesome! I am so jealous of all your fun outings! Wish I lived close enough to tag along sometimes. That is so cool about the Celine Dion tickets.

Allison and Noah Riley said...

Your ticket winning is out of control. Seriously. But I find it so crazy awesome.